I have been watching on TV all kinds of count downs of 2008, from best sports plays to biggest news moments, so I decided to post my count down of last year.
#10
Attending the Miss America Pageant and cheering for Jill Stevens. She is an amazing person and was a great representative for Utah. She is getting married this weekend in the Bountiful Temple.
#9
My Promotion at work to Director of Communicable Disease and Emergency Preparedness. It has been a huge learning experience to be supervisor of seven wonderful women. We have accomplished a lot in just 10 months at the Health Department.
#8
Remodel of our living room and kitchen. I really do enjoy being in our home with this new decor. It was well worth the $$$ and the sore muscles. I am also so glad we were able to pay as we went and didn't go into debt to do it. (thanks to the kids for the added Christmas gift last year to get us started)
#7
People who came to visit and stay with us. Our best friends Marc and Louise came in February, Kent and Sandy came and stayed in September. Our kids also came multiple times. I enjoy playing hostess so it was great fun.
#6
My turn for the Beatty Reunion. It was a blast being all together with my siblings, their families and my parents. I enjoyed planning the games etc. I could be a professional party planner for a living.
#5
Going to the Atlanta Braves game in Arizona with all the kids. I have been a Braves Fan for almost 30 years. Feel bad we can't watch them on TV as much because of having to pay for the channel now.
#4
Visiting Troy and Denise and their cute family in Virginia and going to Mount Vernon, also singing with him in Church while I was there, haven't ever sang with Troy before so that was momentous.
#3
My WONDERFUL surprise 50th birthday party. My best birthday ever! What a great experience to have your family remember you that way. Especially because I was feeling so bad that no one would do anything with me, it really was a great surprise, I had no idea anything was up.
#2
Our first Cruise to celebrate our 30th anniversary. I hope it isn't our last.
DRUM ROLL...........
#1
The birth of our third beautiful grandson Talon Nathan Thomas on May 9, 2008.
WHAT A YEAR IT HAS BEEN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I also enjoyed the Miss America trip :)
Loved your count down! What a great year you've had. So glad that we get to have you close by to share it all!
Post a Comment