Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Unthinkable


Just read a great book that I couldn't put down. I read it in one night. I would highly recommend it. I learn so much about personal responsibility in an emergency. Good read!
The Unthinkable...who survives in a disaster and why. By Amanda Ripley

I heard on the news that reading books is really becoming a lost practice. A great bookstore in the state has had to close its doors because of it, (I think it was more because of the economy) but at our house reading hasn't lost its importance. Steve has always been a great example of reading. Often reads one book a day, if he has been to the used bookstore lately. I have picture of him with a book in one hand., radio headset on his ears and the TV remote in the other. HA!

I go in spurts, but often I read two or three books at a time. Having downsized to a small house, our library has had to get much smaller, but it is good to share books with others who may not have a chance to read them. Keepsakes like the early editions of the Church History that used to belong to Steve's Grandpa Richardson are the top of the list of things to save on our five small selves bookcase.

1 comment:

Denise said...

i'd love to read this one Paulette. Maybe I could borrow it when I come out in may!!

Hugs.