Sunday, February 15, 2009

Politics or just a free meal?

Saturday I was given a ticket by a friend to attend the Lincoln's Birthday Breakfast, it was a free meal for me but not for everyone else (the cost of the tickets were between $50 and $100). I was wondering if it was going to be boring, but as I listened to our elected officials I realized the importance of praying for them and the other leaders of our country, they have a huge responsibility and most of them take their power very seriously. The speakers tried to be optimistic despite what is happening in politics. Getting the "news" first hand of the happenings of things in DC and also here in our great state as well as the report on the happenings at the county level really did start my Valentines Day off right. I was glad I was able to go.


Bob Bennett speaking about the stimulus package, he had left DC right after the vote and flew all night to get in St. George by 8:00 a.m..

I was seated at the front table next to the state Lieutenant Governor and his wife. When I left I felt very patriotic and blessed to live in this great country.

I spent the rest of the day doing our taxes UGG! and we have to pay of course, but the day ended on a good note watching Shane play basketball and having a quiet and romantic evening with my hubby. We had gone to dinner on Friday to beat the crowd, but still had to wait 45 minutes for a table, I think most of the state is here this weekend to enjoy our beautiful blue skies and also the home show. It was so funny, when I told the hostess to put two down for "Valentine" she said, "You just made that up huh? What is your real name?" Then the guy who called our name and seated us also commented on us trying to be funny and using the "Valentine" name for the evening. :-) I don't think anyone has ever heard of a Mr. and Mrs. Easter or Christmas.

1 comment:

Kimber said...

Sorry about the taxes; we're afraid we might have to pay this year :(