Thursday, October 30, 2008

Wild Weeks

The last two weeks have been crazy! 6 emergency drills in 6 different towns using community partners to help with each response. Today was our last one in Beaver County, last year it was only 13 degrees, but today a beautiful 72 degrees, blue skies and no wind. I couldn't have asked for more perfect weather. I got a sunburn on my checks, Steve said I look like I had "rouge" on. I told him, you don't say rouge anymore it is blush, but just the same a great thanks to all who supported and helped. I am so glad it is over and we are more ready for a disease emergency as ever.

We have our primary program on the 9th of November, I will be glad to move on to new songs. Our primary grew from 7 to 25 children last July when some new families were added to our ward. I hope they sing. They get tired by the end of the practice and hope they don't get to tired when it is the real deal to not be heard. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I went to lunch on Tuesday with my long time friend Patty G. B. She is an amazing person and it is so fantastic to be with someone who has known you for ever, still likes you, and you can pour out your heart to. We have a friendship that has been around since relief society nursery, we have a picture of us together at age two, we were friends all through school, roommates in college and she was in my line when I got married. Friends like that don't come along too often and I am grateful for her and her testimony! How it strengthens mine.

With this great weather we are hoping for a last trip to the cabin tomorrow. Staying the night in the fresh air, where you hear not another human. It will be very restful and enjoyable.

3 comments:

Nathan, Mariann &Talon said...

i am so glad everthing went well at work. I hope you have fun at the cabin I wish I could go. Love ya

Kimber said...

I'm sure the kids will be great on Sunday; it always seems like things comes together for the Primary Program. Hope you have fun at the cabin!

2pattyesque said...

Thanks for the kind words, Paulette. I feel the same way. I'm not sure how my testimony came through at lunch but I do have one. :-)