Saturday, October 18, 2008

Not again!

Can't sleep again. It seems to be a regular thing for me. I keep wondering what is going on, but so far no answers. It is hard to handle things in the late afternoon after only 2 or 3 hours of sleep a night. I did finally get up after lying awake for over 2 hours and get things done this early a.m.

To catch you up on what we have been doing, Mariann and Talon came for a visit the day we got home from the cruise. She was able to stay a week while Nathan was at a training. I was able to spoil Talon when I wasn't at work. Mariann kept telling me, "you don't have to hold him all the time." But I would just let her know that was the job of the Grandma to hold the grandsons when at all possible. :-) We sure did enjoy her visit and seeing Nathan for a day when .he came to get her

Shane's Dad, Dale Perkins has been completing in the Hunstman Senior Games this last week. He is 75? I think, anyway, quite a wonderful person and athlete. He got a medel in every comptition. I was able to go and see him compete in two events. Steve and Mariann went to almost everyone event along with Talease and Shane. I think he won 4 golds and 4 silver? That might not be right. I need to be in as good as shape as he is. We also went to eat at the fun Samari 21 with them and Mariann and Nathan and Talease and Shane as well as Pat and Dale while they were here.

Eva was able to come and stay with me when I went to a conference in Midway, Utah at the Zermatt resort. We had fun visiting, I am always glad for my free counceling session when I get to spend time with her. She is struggling with some issues regarding Jason her son, we pray for them daily.

I picked up the boys after my conference and Lucas and Kody are here now and staying with us for a few days (we take them home on Sunday night) while Jed and Katie are in San Deigo on a much needed vacation. We have been having so much fun. Went to the ranch 4-wheeling, went on a picnic, went miniature golfing, went to the park to play, went swimming at a fun pool, and tomorrow (or should I say later today) going to "jumping jacks" . We are so glad they were able to come. My digital camera isn't working, so no pictures sorry.

On another note. At work, I am in charge of 6 drills we are having in a two week time period. The biggest one is today, hope all goes well, Talease is coming over to help with the boys while it is going on. I was interviewed on DTV channel 22, a local channel here is St. George for it. See attached link of the interview.
http://cec.dixie.edu/DTV/Healing.html
They said the interveiw is to be posted today.

1 comment:

Kimber said...

Sorry you can't sleep; it's no fun being tired - especially with your schedule :) Krissia had a fun time watching the boys on Thursday!