Sunday, November 2, 2008

Just in time

We headed to the cabin Friday afternoon after I worked the morning. We had such a great time!! Steve and I had fun just being together around the warm fire, talking and hanging out - away from the world. We also shot guns at the new target Steve got for his birthday which was fun for me. I am not quite as good of a shot as Steve but I did hit it more often than miss.

Talease and Shane came up on Saturday as well one of the nurses from work, Lisa and her husband Ralph, after lunch we went for a hike and just relaxed. Shane and their dog Deuce went to do a little bird hunting (they didn't see anything) before heading home before dark.

I was so surprised to see it really looks like winter up there, no leaves or animals to be seen. We didn't even see any bugs as it gets too cold at night for them to come out. We completely missed the fall colors on the trees, as we hadn't been up since labor day weekend and the leaves hadn't really started changing all that much then and now they are completely gone.

We were just in time with our last visit to the mountain this season, as last night we had a major rain storm with thunder and lightening. I can only imagine the rain on Kolob.

It was still a little bit of heaven as we got away from all the things that are demanding our attention when we are at home. We wish you could have all come along!

1 comment:

Nathan, Mariann &Talon said...

Wish i could have been there. I'll have to put Talon's costume on him for you when you come up on, Thursday? right? love you