Friday, October 24, 2008

People are amazing

I'm up again not sleeping, I guess it is a good thing, because I can find time to update our blog.

Can I tell you how amazing people are. Last night I did a training for disease emergency with many christian churches in our area. As things progressed through the evening I was amazed at how enthusiastic everyone was about helping out in a disease response. These people will be putting their lives on the line to come and give out medication or vaccine that will be needed to decrease illness or save lives, and they didn't even bat an eyelash when I explained what would be required of them and their emergency team. They seemed glad to help and to know what they do will make a difference in the lives of others. And the great thing is I know they will really show up, I know they are "just" volunteers, but they will be there ready to go to work when called upon.

As I was coming home last night after dropping off supplies at work and telling good bye to my wonderful staff, I was laughing at a witty thing said by one of my assistants, all of my staff are so funny and quick to have a hilarious come back to stressful situations. I realize I like to be around and associate with clever but sharp people. They are just amazing and keep my life in the humorous mode most of the time. It helps as we deal with not so happy things (disease) on a constant level to have humor at every turn..thank you Rowen, Lisa, Sue and Marnie. You are great.

Surprise! I received flowers on my desk at work this week, I thought for a brief moment that Steve may have had a revelation, then as I turned to say something to my secretary there was my staff, with big grins on all their faces. It was bosses day and they got me flowers, it made my week! Aren't people just amazing!!

No comments: