Monday, July 14, 2008

Kody's 1st Birthday

We made a quick trip to Spanish Fork on Saturday, just up and back, to celebrate Jed and Katie's youngest son's 1st birthday. Kody's real birthday is on the 16th, but I will be in Las Vegas at a conference for work on that date, but we didn't want to miss it, so we asked if we could come and celebrate a little early.

We love our little Grandsons so much and kissed and hugged them to death! Kody seemed to enjoy the wrapping paper more than the gifts of course, and Lucas had a hard time not opening and playing with everything Kody received. They are both so cute. Kody is almost walking. Just a little shy about taking that first step. He does stand alone for a while without hanging on to things, but moving his feet with out holding someones finger is the hold up.

We played with them and watched "Dan in real life" (which I would recommend) while the boys took a nap and then went to dinner at a yummy Mexican Restaurant. I wish the boys lived closer so we could see them more and tend them a little more often. Grandpa is especially anxious to take them fishing.

I really need to get my own digital camera so I can post pictures. See Jed and Katie's blog to see photo's soon.

2 comments:

The Perkins said...

I am so glad you guys were able to go up...wish I could have came also!

The Valentine Fam said...

Thanks for coming. It was fun to see you and the boys love spending time with you. I think we'll take Kody this weekend to pick out something fun with the gift card.