Spending this last week in Las Vegas, at the conference for "Preparedness of Western United States", all I heard about is the terrorism acts and horrible events that have taken place all over this nation and all over the world to try to hurt us as Americans. How blessed I feel to have been guided by prophets for many years to be prepared. For some people, the concept of storing extra supplies of anything is bazaar. I realized the importance of doing another inventory of our preparedness supplies, at least the basics like; food, water, medicine, toiletries, first aid supplies, clothes, battery powered radio, flash light and a manual can opener should be moved up to the top of my "TO DO" list.
As a child my job, with the help of my little brother Rick, was to empty and refill all the Clorox gallon jugs in the storage room twice a year. I always thought it was a pain, but then remember one day the water was shut off for some reason and I felt no panic at all, because I knew we had plenty of water to last us for many days. If I remember I even got a gallon or two of it and washed my hair, and felt comfort when my friends were complaining about not being to wash theirs.
With the situation of the country and of course the world today, I pray we will all feel the need to review our preparedness supplies and also be willing to share what we have with others who may not have prepared quite as well. I know the Lord will bless us in our efforts. If you need any ideas, go to my website for work www.swuhealth.org and click on the emergency preparedness tab at the top.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That just made me feel really unprepared...I need to get on the ball!
I, too, remember re-filling the water in old, empty Chlorox jugs....I just don't remember having that feeling of comfort; rather, it always seemed like a lot of work! (But I guess that's why you have a better attitude than I!) Lots of love, Troy
Post a Comment