So, the Swine Flu has been taking up all my time. It didn't help that both my secretary and my assistant went on vacation on Friday afternoon and so I have basically been on my own since getting notified on Sunday morning that we were on our way to implementing our emergency plans and our pandemic plan (both of which I have written for Southwest Utah). It has been CRAZY to say the least. Yesterday after the 500th....not kidding I have to make a tally mark for each call, all three of my phones were ringing I had only had 3-4 hours of sleep each night since Sunday, I almost lost it. But a great co-worker just happened to come into my office to see how things were going, I got teary...just feeling overwhelmed, and he offered to help take a couple of things off my plate. Yea for great co-workers!
Please everyone stay healthy. Stay home if you are sick, wash your hand often for 20 seconds before rinsing to distroy virus', cover your cough with your sleeve, eat right, get plenty of sleep and try to find time to exercise.
Somethings I have wanted to mention since my last post...it has been forever, I just haven't felt like getting on the computer when I finally arrive at home at night, but I didn't want to forget a few important events.
I had a fun trip to Dallas Texas where I was able to go to a great conference as well as see some sights including the JFK memorial and museum. I was so young when he was killed that I didn't know as much as I thought. The best part was the Utah JAZZ basketball team was staying in the same hotel as I was. I was able to work out in the morning next to Jerry Slone the coach, I rode in the elevator with Memot Okur and had my picture taken with Matt Harpring. Boy are all those players tall.
Great vacation with the kids to Salt Lake City where we did some really fun things, but especially just enjoyed spending time together.
Mariann and Talon came and stayed last week while Nathan worked on the new tile floor in their house. It is always fun when the family comes to visit. I had to work a bit, but she enjoyed playing the Wii with Steve. He got it for us as an Easter surprise. He has the record in everything almost, because he spends quite a lot of time right now playing the games. He won't try the Hula or much of the Yogo stuff. So I am leading the score in those.
I wanted to mention Talease is running a 5K this weekend, and I think I may be speed walking with her. I will let you know how it goes.
Shane also has been in a few golf tournaments the past few weekends. Last weekend he took second place. CONGRATULATIONS.
We are anxious for the new little Valentine Grandson in just a few weeks. Jed and Katie have been busy getting things and their home ready for the new family member.
My sister Eva and her son Jason is here this weekend and we are hoping to get to go to the ranch on Saturday for a picnic. Tonight after work I am giving her a perm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Whew, you've been busy. I've thought of you when I've heard about the swine flu and seen the articles in the Spectrum! Good luck!
I'm glad to see you finally posted! I guess it's okay because you have been so busy :). It was fun to spend some time with you today, I hope you were able to get your shopping done.
It's been so fun to see you and your family this weekend; I hope things get a little less stressful at work!
Post a Comment