Sunday, May 31, 2009

Quick Dash


We made a quick dash to Spanish Fork to see the new arrival to our family. Of course when I got there the battery on the camera was dead so I am borrowing this picture from Katie's blog. He is loved by everyone and is such a cute thing. He weighted in at 9 lbs. 7 oz. but still seems so tiny. Lucas will be a wonderful helper I can tell all ready. Kody is another story. He is just too busy to bother with something like a baby. Mom and Dad are doing great. Love his name. Ryker Beatty Valentine. We sure love all our little Grandsons and wish they were closer. I get to go up and help out after her mom goes home on the 8th. Can't wait. Mariann, Nathan and Talon also came to see Ryker while we were there.

Update:
Steve is also doing well, a little tired after our trip north yesterday. We left at 10 a.m. and got home at 9 p.m., a little too much travel for him with only 4 1/2 days of recovery and two days out of the hosptial, but he wouldn't miss out on seeing his little grandson for anything. Steve is such a good Grandpa and the boys love him to death. We couldn't stay because I am speaking in a combined RS/Priest. meeting today in Silverstone about preparedness especially for pandemic preparedness. I keep telling everyone to wash...wash...wash and don't touch your face. Cover your cough or sneeze into your sleeve and stay home if you are sick.

3 comments:

Mommamort said...

I think he looks like his Dad. Grandchildren are the best. Hope Steve is doing good.

Kimber said...

The new addition looks so cute - we can't wait to meet him!

The Valentine Fam said...

We're glad you got to come visit, even if it was only for a minute. See you next week. Love ya.