Thursday, May 28, 2009

STROKE

Well, life seems to have its share of surprises and many times they are not the good kind. Monday night Steve's arm lost feeling and he couldn't use it to take his contacts out. We hurried to the ER and after a CT scan discovered he had a brain hematoma, or a bleeding stroke as the Doctor said, on the left side which was affecting his right arm. Other common side effects are feeling tired, normal activities require more effort to complete, easily frustrated and worried, depression and irritability.

We are happy to be home and out of the hospital. Basically his recover plan includes rest, moderate exercise and to eat healthy smaller meals. He is also not to drive for a time. We hope he will recover soon. Thanks for all your prayers and concerns.

4 comments:

Mommamort said...

Wow! I was so sorry to hear the news. I hope Steve is doing better. That is really scarey.

Kimber said...

We hope his recovery goes well!

Nathan, Mariann &Talon said...

We love you Dad/Grandpa!! We are so glad that you are ok.

2pattyesque said...

I hope you and Steve are hanging in there! I stroke is a scary health event! I've been thinking of you. Thought I'd text you but now it is too late. Just know I'm thinking of you'all.