Friday, September 12, 2008

National Preparedness Month

After 9-11 President Bush declared September National Preparedness month. Last Wednesday I was on the open forum show on KDXU 8.90 the local radio talk station for ONE WHOLE HOUR I talked about preparedness and address calls from the community. It was scary and I hardly slept the night before worrying about it, but finally just decided, to trust myself and the knowledge I have. It went ok but I'm glad I don't have to do it every week. I was also interviewed by the local newspaper and the article came out yesterday in the paper. Here is the link if you want to see it. http://www.thespectrum.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080911/LIFESTYLE/809110316
Stay healthy. Be prepared.

3 comments:

Nathan, Mariann &Talon said...

That was a great article. WOW! I would have never dared to speak on the radio. We love you

Kimber said...

I also read the article when we were down in Hurricane. You did a great job, and I think we can all do better job of preparing for the unexpected.

The Perkins said...

You should have let us know you were going to be on the radio...we would have listened :). I'm sure you did great! The article was really good.