Saturday, September 15, 2012

May 2012

The first part of May we had our 2012 annual girls get away with my sister Eva and my mom.  We went to Bryce Canyon...it was beautiful and we had a grand time hiking, sitting in the hot tub, relaxing and eating, we also went to a wonderful dinner show.  We will have to start thinking about our get away for next year. 

For our Mother and Father's Day gifts Steve and I got each other some wonderful bikes.  I have wanted a bike for a while and I am do enjoying riding everyday.






Like the rest of Southern Utah we watched the eclipse of the sun on May 20th it was a great experience.   The only other one I every remember watching was in 4th or 5th grade.  I took Mom and Dad with me to the cabin  to watch and had dinner with friends and family who came.

At the end of the month I headed to Nashville Tennessee for a work conference.  It was great to be at the Gaylord Hotel again, but I participated in another 5K run and hurt my knee right at the end of the race, still had a personal best time.  I had a hard time making it through the last two days of the conference.  I was very glad for good work friends who assisted me.


At the end of the month, I was able to cross off my bucket list  "ride mules down into the Grand Canyon.  It was wonderful for our family friend Bernice, to offer us such a good deal.  It was dusty, but for sure a memory builder.


I rode with many of Rick's family, my sis Eva and our friend Kathy.  It was such a good time.


No comments: