My job is going better than ever, with the hiring of a new employee and the loosing of another. SWUPHD seems to be moving forward and accomplishing many great things. I love the people I work with and enjoying everyday. We are helping Southwest Utah get better prepared than ever before and with everything happening in the world today preparedness is more important than every. See http://www.swuhealth.org for preparedness tips.
We held the second of an annual Valentine Family reunion with Steve's Mother and siblings. As many as 84 of her descendants were in attendance and it was a fun day for her.
My dear friend Louise and my girls Talease and Katie helped us give a baby shower for Mariann.
I went to Atlanta GA and received some wonderful training from CDC the end of February. It has been been very beneficial information.
Eva and I were able to make a wonderful trip to Virginia and visit Troy and his family. It was so fun and we were able to see some great sights in DC. It was Eva's first time to DC
.
The most wonderful thing that has happened since my last blog update is the birth of our first little granddaughter. Mia Mariann Thomas born March 12, she weighted 8 pounds. She was born on her Aunt Eva's birthday. Eva said she couldn't have had a better gift.
It has been a six months process but the bank finally approved our offer on the house that I have wanted. We have not received the final paperwork yet, but we did get the verbal approval, so it should not be long now. I tried to take a nap today, but the noise from the neighbors prevented me. It will be wonderful to have our own space again. It is located out in the fields, not too far from where Shane and Talease live.
Yesterday I attended a presentation by UPEA and was honored by Utah's Governor Gary R. Herbert at a wonderful luncheon and ceremony. The award says "Public Employee Salute in appreciation of Outstanding Public Service" I don't know who nominated me, it was very special to be recognized, they read a nice tribute and gave me an award and a couple of small gifts.
Today I was able to attend a session with many members of my family, as our nephew prepared to go on his mission. Shane and Talease were able to be there also. How blessed am I? Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.


3 comments:
What a great couple of months! Congrats on the award from the governor! YOU DESERVE IT!!! I am glad to know you've hired a great new employee. Good for you for organizing that reunion. I'm sure the V family appreciates your efforts. Someone's gotta do it. And that someone is you. Congrat's on the new granddaughter! She's a nice addition to that group of boys!
Paulette...you are such an amazing example. Congrats on all of the "good stuff" in your life right now. Thanks for being with us on Presten's special day. Nothing like family to make a day memorable. I will be talking to you about all of the fun grandma stuff you do. You are AMAZING!
love ya!
So glad that things are going better at work, and best of luck on getting in your house soon!
Post a Comment