Our daughter pointed out to me yesterday that I have not updated our blog for a while.
We had the most wonderful 2010 holiday, probably the best one since we moved from our Tremonton home. It was so amazing to just be with all our children, their spouses and all the grandsons in an uncrowded location. Jed informed Steve this would probably be the last time coming for Christmas to our house, it will just be too hard with all the kids and Santa etc. Especially now they informed us that number four is coming in August. With Mariann and Nathan's little daughter coming in March, we will have six grandchildren by fall.
We spent the time with our little family just being together and playing. It made everyday just so precious for me. I just love those 4 little boys. We also owe a great big thank you to Shane and Talease who opened their home to all 12 of us and let us move right in, with decorations and everything. It was a great few days. The kids from the north arrived the night of the 23rd. On the 24th we went to the Temple visitor center and nativity, bowling, to Grandma Beatty's for the evening, returned played Bingo and played cards etc. On Christmas day we just played together, then they had to leave the next morning.
New Years Eve we spent with our dear friends Marc and Louise Stromberg and Steve's Mom in Brigham City. Marc had not been feeling well and we wanted to spend some time with him before he went into surgery the following week. I am glad to report everything turned out good for him.
The month of January has been spent for me traveling the 350+ miles one way up and back to northern Utah every week for a work assignments. Just got back again tonight. Steve has been good to hold down everything at home while I am away. It was been fun to see the kids every week and get kisses and hugs from those sweet little boys.
Since our Ward was dissolved the first part of December it has been an adventure to get to know the new people. I am a VT supervisor and Visiting teacher and Steve is a home teacher.
We are still hoping for a new home. It has been almost 6 months since we made the offer on the short sell house that I just love. In the meantime I have been painting and fixing up our condo to make it more enjoyable for us if we stay.
I have had some stressful and upsetting things happening at my work for the last few months, I am grateful for the strength of the Lord in my trials. We are truly blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
DEl has also been traveling a lot; I know how stressful that can be! Got your e-mail; yes, I think someone has hacked into my account. I'm trying to get it fixed :)
Post a Comment