Sunday, December 5, 2010

Got behind

I am slow in posting, mostly because I haven't taken any photos. But didn't want to forget a few things, so here goes............

Thanksgiving this year was with Mom and Dad in Hurricane, I told everyone they are invited to my new house in 2011. We had a wonderful time with family and friends. It was a very good day and didn't do our traditional walk or hike, but went with the family to Harry Potter. Mariann, Nathan and Talon were able to join us and left Friday to head to Nathan's parents for their dinner on Saturday. The rest of the kids went to thier inlaws. It was unusally cold this year, funny how the hard freeze the night before made all the leaves fall so quickly...it was almost raining leaves. Jed and Katie pasted through on their travel back to Spanish Fork from Arizona in the most horrible storm of the year.

Our new house has caught a little snag, something about needing a new BPO, the old one has expired. This should hold us up by as much as a month or so. I guess we won't be in before Christmas. I am trying to have patience and not to get to stressed about the whole thing. We will be having Christmas at Shane and Talease's house. It will be nice, all the kids will be here. In the mean time I am cleaning and sorting things so as not to move things I really don't need.

Our Red Ledge Ward we have a part of since moving back to southern Utah was dissolved today. It was absorbed into two other wards and the middle section we live in was put into a newly created ward. I look forward to new chances to serve and make close friends out of strangers. I was wondering how come I couldn't get excited with all the assignments I had for the new year in Primary...now I know why. We were all released from all our callings, I guess that is one way to get released, I was wondering if it would ever happen after 5 1/2 as choir director.

I sure do love my job and the people I work with. It makes it all worth while when you have great people around you. It is super to know the things you do make a difference and help the community. We are very blessed.

No comments: