Sunday, August 23, 2009

1ST ANNUAL "EFG"

This weekend we began a new tradition in our family EFG or Especially for Grandkids Getaway. I have been wanting to do this for a number of years and this was the year where it finally was possible. Lucas was the only one who fit the criteria, potty trained and sleeping through the night. :-)

So we picked him up on Friday. We went to a nice restraunt where we practiced good public manners and ate yummy food, stayed in a hotel in SLC and swam and just enjoyed being with him.



Lucas is full of great comments that just surprise the heck out of you and make you laugh. He bascially got to do just about anything he wanted.



Just to name a few............ we jumped on the bed. We did tell him this was only the type of things you do at EFG.


We went and got ice cream at 10:45 p.m.



He said he was having a hard time falling asleep because he was so excited. But he did fall asleep quick and didn't wake up until Grandpas medicine alarm went off at 8 a.m.

In the morning we ate at a yummy breakfast buffet then went swimming again until Grandpa was ready to go to Lagoon and Lagoona Beach.




I was very grateful that Steve felt well enough to come.

Lucas wanted to ride everything he saw.................so we did.


And more and more and more.......

And more..........
I forgot to take pictures at Lagoona Beach. He was so excited and so BRAVE. He was tall enough to go on all the scarey slides. AND HE DID!! ALL BY HIMSELF!!! They wouldn't let me go with him. I wanted to go with him on my lap, but because he was tall enough he really wanted to go alone, I prayed hard for his safety.

He would go first, then I would follow when they gave me the sign, and the whole way down those tubes I would think........this is scarey!!! but Lucas would hardly wait for me to shoot out the tube, before he would start heading up the stairs to go again. He went on all the slides called wipeout, shoot-out etc. I don't think any other 4 year old was anywhere in site. This Grandma was very glad that he stayed safe. He was faster than I could keep up with most of the time at Lagoona Beach, his Grandpa was a nervous wreck because so many people were there and we couldn't see him in the kiddie swim area at all times,but he made friends so very fast and was playing with one little boy or another. We decided next year EFG will be held during the week and maybe so many people won't be there.

Lucas loved playing all the games, he was especially good at the Skee ball, Water shoot, wack the mole. He played everything he wanted to.




He won two stuffed animals.





We dropped Lucas off at his house at about 10:00 p.m. He fell asleep in the car in only 10 seconds after leaving Lagoon. Steve mentioned we may have to hire a nanny to come and assit us when all the kids are coming along, we sure did have a wonderful time. We look forward to the other boys joining us in years to come!

5 comments:

The Valentine Fam said...

He had a blast! Thanks so much for taking him. Love you.

Kimber said...

What a fun tradition - you guys are wonderful grandparents!

The Perkins said...

I think you get "The best grandparents ever" award!

The Beatty Beehive said...

Leave it to you to come up with some great idea that connects you with your grandkids! I want to be just like you when I grow up!

Troy said...

When I'm a grandpa, I'm going to tell my grandkids that I hope to be just like Great Aunt Paulette and Great Uncle Steve. What a great idea....

Glad to see that you're still BRAVE enough to go down the scary slides yourself!