Sunday, September 6, 2009

Busy Weekend

Mariann and Nathan and Talon came down for the weekend.

We went to the cabin on Saturday.

The cabin wouldn't be complete without the humming birds.

Talon swinging at the cabin.

He helped me sweep the porch.


Talon had a great time playing outside.




Sunday I had to speak in 3 wards and do a fireside that night about preparedness so I didn't get to spend much time with the family. Shane and Talease did come over for dinner that night. She had to work on Saturday and they were not able to go the cabin with us.

Nathan had to go home on Sunday to get back to work so he didn't get to do with us on Monday to the Grand Canyon.

But, Shane and Talease were able to go. Thanks Shane for driving.


I hadn't been there since 1987 when we went to Jacob Lake for the PCW reunion.

It was a good day. not too hot and good weather.

Talon was so good even with all the driving as we went out that morning and came back that evening.
We had a yummy lunch at the lodge and even got to see the Condors with their massive 9 foot wing span out the window, but they got away before we could get any pictures.


Mariann and Talon went back to West Valley on Wednesday with me and I stayed the night at their house.

I had to present at a conference in SLC on Thursday. It was a crazy drive both going and coming home because of all the traffic we spent many hours just sitting in traffic because of crashes. I also locked my keys in the state car......long story, but I left SLC at 3:30 and didn't get home until 10:45. It should have been a 4 1/2 hour trip not a 7 hour one. It was good to be home safe and sound.

3 comments:

Kimber said...

So glad you got to spend the weekend with your family doing fun activities!

Anonymous said...

Your family is growing up so fast. I hope you are doing well.

Troy said...

You've got a cute family.....kids and grandkids and sons- and daughter-in law. But then again, they have a cute mom, so I'm not at all surprised!