We have been Atlanta Braves baseball fans since 1979. I had the great fortune to attend a game in Atlanta this last Wednesday when I was at the CDC for a conference. It was just THE BEST!!!!! Chipper Jones even played. I was thrilled.
The seats were waaaaaay out there, you know the cheap seats, but that gave us the opportunity to have fun with very colorful Brave fans from Georgia, complete with the deep southern drawl. They were almost as much fun to watch as the game.......we laughed with them and enjoy the atmosphere with them. Even funny Larry in the white hat sitting next to us who just HAD to start the wave, after many tries it finally did take and kept going through the uppity seats behind home plate. It was a riot.
A summer night at the ball park - at "Turner Field" - even better. It was wonderful to sing the Brave rally song, do "the chop" and cheer the Braves on to the victory in extra innings. I so appreciate the guys from the conference inviting to me tag along. Thank you Lewis, Steve and Mike for including me. My Steve was very jealous he wasn't there to come along. I did bring him home a Bobby Cox souvenir cup.
This experience brought back marvelous memories of my three little children marching around the room doing "the chop" at home cheering the Braves to a rally and a win. Those times are long gone, but fresh in my memory.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Oh! it looks like so much fun! I can't wait to go to my 1st baseball game someday! :)
You look awesome aunt Paulette!
Post a Comment