DEl asked if I would mind watching his boys this last weekend while they went with Krissia to the Miss Teen Utah USA pageant up north, it was a good time and I was so glad they asked me. Mathison is a fun kid. We played and played and played. He is an easy boy to tend. While I was there, he comes out from the back room with a "live black cricket" I tried to be brave.....but just about screamed!!! He was not phased in the least and Jeff helped him put it in the toilet and flush. I told him he was very brave, because Aunt Paulette would never dare play with a live cricket especially I would never pick it up. I wish Troy and Denise were closer so we could play with those little nephews and nieces too.
October 2010 update......
The deer hunt is over and we had a wonderful time, even though we didn't get the big one. Just spending time with family and in the mountains was amazing.
Steve and I went to watch Lucas in his primary program and then we brought Jed and Kody back and they stayed for a few days, their visit was cut short as Jed had to go home for a job interview. We are very excited that he starts his new job tomorrow YEAH!! Kody was so cute and asks "Why?" every time you do or say anything. He is growing up fast and is such a big helper. They were able to ride horses with Aunt Eva, play with Aunt Talease and spend a lot of time with Grandpa because I had to work . Jed helped me to a few "to do"s and we just got to visit and spend time with him and Kody. It was a treat for me. I wish the little boys were closer so we could spend more one on one time with them. It is always fun when the kids come and I get to be a Mom again make some of their favorite foods.
Mariann, Nathan and Talon came for conference weekend. It so fun to be with them also and spend time at the ranch and just be together. Rick shared some of his potato harvest with us.
Fall is an especially busy time for me at work, with the flu shots. I helped get a grant this year to offer free flu vaccine for everyone in the southern Utah area. It was been a big success and we have tested the opportunity to respond to a disease emergency. Our little health department can give over 1,000 shots an hour. We did drive-by and walk through vaccine in each venues, a big challenge. We have tested this new plan in over ten different locations throughout the five county area. Our last one will be on November 9th. Whew! I will be glad to be finished.
I have been put back into the Primary. Primary is where its at! Our program is on November 14th. As the first counselor, I am over the program, the little ones including nursery, music, activity days, and the activity day girls. It is a blast! I just love it.
I have really enjoyed the cabin this year. Steve and I went up sometimes just for dinner and enjoyed the great mountain air. It is beautiful and the fall leaves were quite a sight with all the rain this fall. It is always a sad day for me when Dad and Mom go up and "close it" for the winter. I will be looking forward to spring when we can go up again.
No word on the new house, we are hoping to hear something soon. I think short sales can be a huge test for patience.

No comments:
Post a Comment