Sunday, November 13, 2011

It has been forever and life is GRAND!

Time gets away from me.  I have not updated my blog forever. I have not taken any pictures to post the past few months, but I guess that should not stop me.  With no little people in the house to say cute things and not any really super exciting news do I really just talk about what is the usual in the Valentine household. Like the cheer from high school, things just keep on ...keeping on. I know should I take time to write about it, So I will vow to do better.

I think I will write about what I am so grateful for this month especially and I should talk about those things.

#1 - FAITH...what would I do without it?  I pray everyday that I am being the daughter He would want me to be.  My love for the Savior and all he did for me keeps me going and lets me know I can continue when trials come up and things become hard.  I also love my calling, teaching Relief Society.  I do have a meeting with the Bishop today, so there is probably a change in the works. Having the temple so close is also a wonderful thing.  I love being able to take the time to make that a more regular part of my life.  It is only one block from my work and I try to go as often as possible.

#2 - HUBBY...the love of my life.  The person I will spend the rest of eternity with.  We grow closer together every day. I am so happy we have made it through this whole year without a visit to the hospital.  We probably should have gone after his fall in ZION the end of July, but he has his own ideas sometimes and I can't seem to change his mind about things. Imagine that, a Valentine who is stubborn!  ;-)

#3 - FAMILY...Grateful for wonderful parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.  Glad to still have a mom around, especially when so many of my dear friends have lost one or both of their parents.  Mom seems to be physically getting stronger everyday.  It is a joy to be able to go over and take my turn to help her out on the weekends. My siblings are able get together at least once a month to go for lunch minus Troy who is in Virginia. (Wish he could join us)  Who would have thought that just a few short years ago when we lived far from Southern Utah that we would all find ourselves living here again.  It is wonderful to all be here to help with Mom!
So grateful for valiant children who do so much to serve the Lord and help others.  Also I am so grateful for their amazing spouses. They are wonderful people and parents.  They all work hard to take care of their family and their responsbilities. 
So grateful for our four handsome and energetic grandsons and our two new little granddaughters who have joined our family this year.  I do so love these little children from God.  So blessed to share them with their parents and Him. 

#4 - FRIENDS - it is great to have moved back to so many friends from the past, close friends that seem to always be a part of my heart.  I do miss many friends from northern Utah and wish I could visit more.   It is wonderful to be able to keep in touch through phone conversations, facebook and other communication means.  Isn't the technology today amazing to be able to keep in touch with so many who mean so much.

#5 - TALENTS...I have a friend who can accomplish more in a day than any five people, I do so admire her, but I am also so grateful for the talents the Lord has given me.  I may not be able to accomplish as much in a day as my dear friend, but I am healthy and strong and can do many things that are required of me each day.  Rarely does my head hit the pillow at night without the things I wanted to accomplish that day being taken care of and that would not be able to happen without talents from the Lord. 

#6 - WORK...who could have a better job!  I am able to share my testimony of the importance of personal and family preparedness at work as well as challenge myself through other talents the Lord has blessed me with, by writing preparedness plans for the community and working with great community partners in striving to get prepared for emergencies that may arise in Southwest Utah.  I also have the best staff and administration to work with.  It is just a joy to go to work everyday.  How many people can say that?

#7 - THE ROOF OVER MY HEAD...I did not ever think we would be able to own a home again.  How grateful I feel to have a job that was able to make this possible.  This home is such a peaceful place and full of so much love.  I just adore the area, neighborhood, ward.  It is a great blessing in my life.

YES........ LIFE IS GRAND!

No comments: