Tonight while running to WalMart for last minute things for Sunday I ran into old friends.
Brent and Diane Ballard from Tremonton, then while standing there talking, I also saw Sherry Scott from Tremonton. It is funny that almost once a week I run into people who are down here, 350 miles from our old stomping ground enjoying the sun and fun here in Utah's Dixie.
Another coincidence is that this afternoon we were watching Talease and Shane's wedding video while the little girls she nanny's were over to play and we saw Diane in the photo's with Talease, Diane was one of her young woman's leader and I thought about her and wondered how they were doing. They are dear friends and were so helpful at many times in my life. Brent was our Bishop when the kids were teenagers and when Steve got too sick to work he was a wonderful spiritual leader for me in that hard time. They let us have Mariann's wedding in their back yard at no charge and also let us use their cabin at Bear Lake when it was my turn to "host" a reunion and money was tight. I will always cherish their friendship.
We were able to catch up on family, grandkids, kids and health issues while standing by the check out. They don't get to Tremonton very often either as they spend most of their time in Bear Lake at their cabin. They have a granddaughter attending Dixie College. They are dear friends and we hope to connect again soon when they come down again.
They were here for "Footloose" which is wrapping up at Tuacahn Musical Theater. Jed and Katie had also attended "Annie" when they were here last week and they said it was fun. I heard from some co-workers that "Aida" is amazing too. I didn't volunteer at Tuachan this year as I have the last three years with Steve's stroke and such, it broke into my regular plans for summer, but hope to again next year. Check out http://www.tuacahn.org to see what is coming up soon. It is great to sit outside in the gorgeous red mountains and enjoy great music.
My idea of heaven is attending concerts, musical theater, and other good entertainment on a regular basis. Good music and good friends are both healing to my soul.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We saw Footloose and Aida this year; they were both amazing.
How fun to see Brent and Diane. I haven't seen them forever.
Post a Comment